Chiropractors diagnose and treat patients by triggering the body's inherent recuperative abilities, alleviating health problems related to the nervous and skeletal systems, particularly the spine, without the use of drugs or surgery.
Duties & Tasks
Chiropractors may perform the following tasks:
- write down patients' case history details, conduct physical examinations and interpret diagnostic imaging studies such as X-rays
- adjust patients' spine or other joints to correct joint dysfunctions interfering with proper nervous system control and integration of body function
- treat patients by adjusting the spinal column to manipulate joints and soft tissues
- conduct specialised work such as sports chiropractic, paediatrics, diagnostic imaging or various chiropractic techniques
- give advice on general health matters such as exercise and nutrition
- perform pre-employment examinations and workplace assessments
- provide certificates for insurance and work-related purposes.
- enjoy health sciences
- strong interpersonal skills
- attention to detail
- ability to perform fine manual tasks
- able to think and work independently
- strong analytical ability.