Operating Theatre Technician
Operating theatre technicians prepare and maintain operating theatres and equipment, and assist surgical and anaesthetic teams during operations.
Duties & Tasks
Operating theatre technicians may perform the following tasks:
- transport patients to and from the theatre and wards
- assist in preparing operating rooms for surgery
- set up, check, connect and adjust surgical equipment
- provide technical assistance to surgeons, surgical nurses and anaesthetists
- clean and restock the operating room, arranging instruments, supplies and equipment according to instruction
- position patients for surgical and/or anaesthetic treatments.
- good communication and people skills
- attention to detail
- able to work under pressure
- able to work accurately and with minimal supervision
- able to work as part of a team
- organised and methodical
- good general health and fitness.