Science Field Officer
Science field officers perform support functions in the field by making observations, collecting and analysing data and samples, recording information and looking after the practical tasks involved in supplying a remote field operation.
Duties & Tasks
Science field officers may perform the following tasks:
- order, check, pack and ship equipment and supplies for field surveys
- manage small field camps
- collect, record and transport samples of rock, soil, plants, water or other materials
- sort information collected from a range of samples and carry out computer processing of the data
- assist with all aspects of supporting personnel in the field
- maintain collections and a wide range of equipment.
Science field officers are required to spend long periods working in remote locations throughout Australia.
- enjoy scientific activities
- able to prepare accurate records and reports
- able to work as part of a team
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job
- willing to work in remote locations.