Textile technicians perform technical functions in various aspects of the design, production and quality control of textile products.
Duties & Tasks
Textile technicians may perform the following tasks:
- analyse the structure and properties of raw materials used in textiles and prepare specifications for their production
- select and develop dyes to produce fabrics of the required colour
- obtain and analyse test data
- carry out or supervise testing and quality control
- ensure that textiles are colour-fast and meet strength and durability standards
- engage in research, improving or developing new processes and materials.
- enjoy practical and manual activities
- methodical and thorough
- able to think logically
- problem-solving skills
- good communication skills
- good colour perception
- interested in chemistry.