Cartographic technicians assist cartographers with the analysis of field survey and land management data, aerial photographs and other geographic information sources to prepare maps, plans, charts and diagrams.
Duties & Tasks
Cartographic technicians may perform the following tasks:
- fit data into required mapping formats, using a variety of methods
- prepare, edit and revise plans, maps, charts and other drawings, manually or on computers
- prepare finished material for reproduction and publication.
- graphic skills, with an interest in drawing and design
- interested in working with computers
- able to work neatly and accurately
- normal colour vision.