Refrigeration and Air Conditioning Draftsperson
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons design, and produce working drawings of, mechanical systems for refrigeration and air conditioning within a building project so that they can be manufactured and constructed. Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons work predominantly in the Computer-Aided Design (CAD) environment.
Duties & Tasks
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons may perform the following tasks:
- design and produce relevant working drawings
- liaise with equipment suppliers, site personnel and project managers
- coordinate with other service contractors involved in the project and production of accurate drawings
- site measuring
- attend site meetings.
Refrigeration and air conditioning draftspersons work in conjunction with professional engineers and tradespeople.
- enjoy technical and design activities
- enjoy problem-solving
- good communication skills
- able to work as part of a team
- willing to accept responsibility and supervise other people
- normal colour vision.