Digital printers use machines and software to control the production of print-based media for commercial print manufacturing sites and instant print shops.
Duties & Tasks
Digital printers may perform the following tasks:
- manual and automatic set up of digital print machines
- advise on products and services
- receive and process electronic documents
- develop basic design concepts
- load paper into feeding mechanisms
- manage and monitor the order and execution of files in a printer's job queue
- operate die cutting machines
- undertake vinyl application, laminating, finishing and mounting
- perform general administration duties and maintenance (such as order and query logs, clean and repair equipment, and change supplies)
- keep production records.
- enjoy technical activities
- good eyesight (may be corrected) and normal colour vision
- good hand-eye coordination
- able to carry out detailed work
- aptitude for mechanical work
- computer skills
- able to work as part of a team.