Fire Extinguisher Servicer
Fire extinguisher servicers maintain firefighting equipment, including all types of hand-held fire extinguishers and fire hoses used to protect property against fires.
Duties & Tasks
Fire extinguisher servicers may perform the following tasks:
- take fire extinguishers apart and examine parts for defects
- replace defective parts
- clean fire extinguishers and refill with fire extinguishing agents
- test that fire extinguishers meet specifications using special testing equipment
- record all defects and report them to a supervisor
- complete equipment surveys and reports.
- enjoy practical work
- good communication skills
- neat personal appearance
- able to cope with the physical demands of the job.