Sales Representative (Information Technology)
Sales representatives (IT) promote the sale of computer hardware, software and IT services.
Duties & Tasks
Sales representatives may perform the following tasks:
- create customer interest in the organisation's IT products
- talk to clients and potential clients to work out the hardware and software needs of their business
- keep customers informed of new product developments
- create appropriate systems for customers' needs, including software and hardware options
- develop proposals and IT solution cost options for customers
- manage the sourcing and delivery of products to the customer
- provide after-sales support
- participate in product development, marketing and client education activities
- talk to IT technical experts, such as analysts, designers, programmers and educators
- continually update own knowledge of products.
- personable and well presented
- good communication skills
- able to understand clients' needs quickly
- willing to update product knowledge on an ongoing basis
- able to understand and provide information on a large variety of product specifications and applications
- strong customer service skills.