Models wear and display clothes, accessories and other consumer goods and services in ways designed to promote sales. They may demonstrate new products and services at exhibitions or pose in front of the public or cameras.
Duties & Tasks
Models may perform the following tasks:
- walk, dance or pose before audiences on catwalks to display clothing and accessories
- pose in front of cameras wearing fashion clothing or promoting products for advertisement in newspapers, in magazines, on websites or on billboards
- participate in commercials for television and cinema
- demonstrate new products and services at manufacturers' exhibitions and industry trade shows
- hand out pamphlets or samples of advertising products at exhibitions and shows.
Models may be required to work under hot, bright lights and model unseasonal clothing.
- enjoy artistic and creative activities
- dedication and patience
- well-proportioned facial features and clear skin
- a well-groomed appearance
- good communication skills are essential in promotional work.