Home Improvement Installer
Home improvement installers put in place home improvements such as awnings, curtains, blinds, flyscreens, garage doors, exterior cladding, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors.
Duties & Tasks
Home improvement installers may perform the following tasks:
- check specifications and worksites to plan installations
- measure and mark locations for frames, brackets or hinges
- drill holes in wood, brick, stone or fibrous structures
- bolt, screw or nail frame fittings into place
- fit frames and home improvements to structures and fasten them into position
- attach and adjust mechanical fittings, such as cranks, locks and pull-cords
- install flashing and weatherproofing to fittings such as awnings, shower screens and prefabricated windows and doors
- provide quotes for home improvements.
- enjoy practical work
- good communication skills
- strong personal drive
- able to think creatively and solve problems
- able to work efficiently
- able to stick to deadlines and budget.