Printing hands operate binding machines, perform manual binding and finishing of books and printed products and carry out routine print-related tasks.
Duties & Tasks
Printing hands may perform the following tasks:
- fold, arrange and fasten printed products by hand or with the aid of machines
- perform hand binding and finishing operations
- carry out quality control checks
- operate specialised machines such as mini binders and automatic carton-folding machines
- assist with setting up folding machines and check folded articles
- assist with the operation and adjustment of machines
- assist with the setting up and monitoring of the operation of automated binding lines
- carry out minor repairs and routine maintenance
- clear waste and clean work areas and machines
- handle and transport materials around the work areas.
Printing hands work with single and multi-colour printing presses. They can be employed in small or large firms.
- enjoy practical and manual work
- good eyesight (may be corrected) and normal colour vision
- able to carry out detailed work
- aptitude for mechanical work
- able to work with computers.